“Either you run the day or the day runs you.” Jim Rohn
Want to feel more empowered, in control and ready to jump into Monday- versus dreading it? Take some time today to or tomorrow to create your life map for the week and most importantly, PRIORITIZE your week and build it around the things that matter most to you.
So many women ask me how I plan my week so I’m giving you the nuts and bolts here. What matters is that you stop and make the time to do this for yourself. The way I teach this will result in your honoring the priorities that matter most in your life, bring fulfillment as well as a great sense of accomplish both at work and at home.
Here is my process:
- Set the Mood: Make a delicious latte or cup of tea, turn on your favorite music and go about crafting the week you wish to manifest. No more hoping, wishing and praying- it’s time for action. My routine is a yummy latte in my favorite coffee cup (that my beautiful mom gave me), a candle and the French Café on Pandora – so I can mentally escape to Paris.
- Get Your Tools: Gather everything you need to prepare for the week ahead. Calendars, colored pens, highlighters, etc. If you’re going to plan your week, you might as well make it fun.
- Organize the Week: Merge all family calendars into one. I use outlook so typically I’ll add everything in and color code it.
- Don’t Forget You! Once you organize your work and family calendar, get on the list! Build in when and where you will exercise and care for your health. I literally build yoga, spin, etc. into my calendar five days a week. It’s not always easy and there are days I simply can’t go but- it’s a game changer to allow yourself this time. Your body is the greatest asset you have and sadly, until it’s gone you may not realize this. Even if it’s a 20 minute walk before everyone wakes up for the day, get it on your calendar. Also add in date or time with a friend, even if just for lunch.
- Plan Your Meals: After the week is set you will have a better feel for what’s needed meal wise- whose going to be home when. Add the meal for each night into your evening calendar and even post the recipe or cookbook page in the notes section. The more you can eat at home, as a family- to meals that are healthy and planned ahead, the happier you will be. Trust me, it’s a mamma thing. We love to nourish those we love (even if you’re not a great cook, because trust me; I am not!). My favorite tools are Bon Appetit and the How to Cook Everything Fast cookbook. Oh and never feel guilty for buying cookbooks or subscribing to cooking magazines. You need the inspiration!
- Make Your Grocery List: Get a grocery app. Most are free and they will make shopping a breeze. I use My Shop which organizes items by category and allows you to make notes. You can email or text lists as well. Most importantly, you can add to the list all week so if you stop at the store unexpectedly, the list is with you.
- Pull Everything into a Capture Tool: Okay, this is the best part, what I call the cherry on top! Go into Outlook or whatever calendaring system you use and print out each individual page, Monday-Sunday. Review each day, add notes, highlight important events you do not want to miss and if you want, add an image or inspiring quote at the top of each page. Next print your task list, take all these papers and attach them to a clip board. This is your week’s life map- all captured in one spot, thus titled the Capture Tool. When in car lines, at sporting events or in the car, as papers are given or item to do, just put them on your capture tool clip board- all in one place. No more loose papers, sticky notes or scatter brain.
- Set Your Intention: The last thing to do is figure out your intention for the week- How do you want to feel, how do you intend to live your life in this coming week or what place will you spiritually, physically or mentally operate from? You get to decide! For example, mine last week was “I want to feel bold and empowered”. Setting your intention, writing it down and owning it gives you incredible power.
Guess what? You are ready to go! Forget being a victim of your week- it’s time to take control of your life. Getting your girl back is about finding your power and choosing to craft the life you want. When you build the week, month and year around the priorities that matter most, AND HONOR those priorities, you will fulfill that emptiness that nags at you because you are out of balance.
I know this seems like a lot of work but isn’t your life and sanity worth it? I do this every weekend and you will need to set aside an hour because that’s how crazy life is and reining it all in takes some time. I imagine you can do it in 30 minutes if you wish too but my hope is that you will make this a ritual in your week, enjoy this time and allow yourself to embrace all the beautiful chaos of your life.
Want to get in control of your future as well? Download a FREE pdf of our Get Your Girl Back Dream Journal and start dreaming, planning and pondering what is possible for your life- https://gygb.com/download-the-first-chapter/
Please share this blog with the women you love, who are overwhelmed, a bit unorganized and who really want to change their lives. Together we can help them one day at a time.
Written by Traci Bild, Mother, wife, entrepreneur & founder of the Get Your Girl Back Movement www.GYGB.com.