Today’s blog focus in on THINKING! After all, we are what we think we are. As I was packing up to leave Breckenridge after a fun week of skiing with my kids, what kept running through my mind is, “I’m so glad my life is more exciting than my vacation!” Odd right? – But it’s true, while I love to go on vacation, I always love coming back home and getting into the routine of work, family, and play. If you don’t feel the same, perhaps it’s time for a reinvention? Here are a few questions to ask yourself right now:
- Am I passionate about my marriage or relationship; is it fun, exciting and am I enjoying the journey I’m sharing with my partner?
- Am I passionate about being a mom (or auntie)? Do I look forward to the morning or dread the daily grind? Do I see those sporting events as a chance for my kids to grow, learn and play or as a job I must do and that wears me down? Is homework crushing, does the grind never end?
- Am I passionate about my job or career or do I dream of retiring or finding something else that utilizes my gifts or talents?
- Am I passionate about my life or am I just getting through it?
I have chosen the work passion on purpose. Life is what you make it and in the whole scheme of thing it’s so short- think how fast it’s gone so far! Living with passion ensures that you are living in the moment, with gratitude and are fully present. How you think about your day, week or month and the many events that make that time up, is your choice. It’s amazing what the power of thought and focus, THINKING differently can do for your life. Here is how you can think differently, starting today!
- Typical thought: I just wish my husband would help with the house and the kids, I’m exhausted, he doesn’t understand!
- Change to: My husband is my partner and all I need to do is ask for help and let him help. He may not do it like me but I appreciate any and all help offered! I’m so grateful for my partner.
- Typical thought: I’m a cab driver, I’ve been here at the gym four days so far this week, I’m so tired of being here.
- Change to: It’s my choice to be here with my daughter (or son), giving her this incredible opportunity. Then decide- what can you do with that time that you enjoy? Maybe bring your scrapbook on those days and get caught up, journal, get ahead on work by bringing your laptop, etc. Use that time for something productive and remember that this is a choice you have made. If it’s too much, don’t do it. If you’re going to do it, do it with joy.
- Typical thought: I dread going to work today, no one appreciates me, it’s boring, but I have to go to feed my family.
- Change to: I’m grateful for this job and the resources it provides. However, I am open and receptive to the ideas and thoughts that will lead me to my dream job that leverages my talents and abilities. I am being drawn to what I was born to do!
As you put focus on your thoughts, they will begin to change to what you want, can do and have in your life. Amazing tools, resources, and people will begin to show up and it will freak you out! That my friend is called the Law of Attraction and it is real. So- pay attention to what’s on your mind. Use that great tool you have, it’s absolutely free and you can use it whenever you wish and each time you do so it will only work harder and harder for you!
If you’re reading this post through the daily email and want to become an Ambassador for Get Your Girl Back, where I’ll ask for help from you from time to time, email me at Traci@GYGB.com and I’ll share what we are up to. If you’d like to get the daily blog post by email, sign up at http://gygb.com/category/blog/ and see what we’re working on how it can help you!
Written by Traci Bild, Author Entrepreneur
Odds are there is something that is taking up most of your thought space. For one dear mentor, it’s preparing herself for the passing of her mother. How do you actually do that?
For a mother I know, it’s which school to pick for her daughter, who is entering middle school. Does she go to the new engineering magnet or the fundamental where her friends are going? And another, I’ve known most of my life; it’s whether to end a marriage that was supposed to stand the test of time. Does she stay and fight or does she begin a fresh start? Worse yet, there are children involved, a business, and lots of promises. What does she do, how does she decide, and what if she makes the wrong move?
DECIDE HOW YOU’RE GOING TO RESPOND
As you work to get your girl back, which really is about the state of mind you live from on a daily basis, consider the issue you are dealing with today. Big or little, there is no greater asset to help you transition through difficult times than your mind. Here are 3 steps that can help you right now:
1. Decide How You Want to Feel: I once had a coach, Sue Youngs, who I adore and who would say at the beginning of each call, “Decide who you want to be in the matter.” At first I would think, “What does she mean?” Yet after years of working with her and ending each call with this question, I got it. I had to say one word that described how I wanted to be in the matter of my life, in that given week. Some weeks I would say, “Focused,” others “grateful,” and others “energized.” As I pursued my week, this word was to be my focus- and it worked!
a. Right now, whatever challenge you are facing, decide- How do you want to be in the matter?” For my friend losing her mom, perhaps it’s “Strength or Peace,” both of which would help her find tools to find strength and peace.
b. For the mother searching school options it might be “Intuitive” meaning, to trust her intuition, to be still and listen for the right answer versus what others are saying.
c. For my long-time friend facing divorce, the word might be “Patient,” allowing herself time to work through her emotions and decisions that people are saying need to be made now. Do they really have to happen today? Decades into a marriage, does it have to end in a year? Patience is such a virtue.
2. Program you’re Thoughts: While we are not computers, our minds could power millions. We have so much power between our ears, its mind bogging. Right now, consider “your word.” As you begin to focus on your “word” your mind will find tools, resources, and even attract people into your life that will help you in ways you never imagined. While you will think, “Wow, this is so odd,” remember it’s not odd and it’s not a coincidence, its energy and you are literally making it happen, you are in control of who you want to be in the matter.
3. Give Yourself Credit: As you begin to create a mental shift, realize that you are making this happen. You are in control of your thoughts; you are creating the reality of the moment and know that if you did it today, you can do it again tomorrow and next week, next month and next year.
Whatever is weighing on your mind, give it to your mind. What you need lies directly within you- so turn within. If you’re reading this post through the daily email and want to become an Ambassador for Get Your Girl Back, where I’ll ask for help from you from time to time, email me at Traci@GYGB.com and I’ll share what we are up to. If you’d like to get the daily blog post by email, sign up at http://gygb.com/category/blog/ and see what we’re working on how it can help you!
Written by Traci Bild, Founder of the Get Your Girl Back movement